We have a temporary vacancy for someone with accounts experience to work with our lovely Client based in Carlisle.
This is initially to cover sickness however there may be scope to continue with the client for a longer period of time in an administration capacity.
Key Responsibilities for the role include;
- Full responsibility for the purchase ledger (including invoice inputting, account queries, account opening, ticket amendments, monitoring insurance status of contractors and hauliers)
- Weekly self-bill / purchase ledger processing
- Contract opening and administration
- Weekly payment run preparation, processing and issue of remittances
- Reconciliation of any supplier statements to ledgers
- Ad hoc nominal analysis
- Work with the Finance team to develop finance controls and compliance procedures.
- Responsibility for internal monthly deadlines and key reporting dates - ownership in delivering accounting calendar deadlines.
- Assist with preparation of year end, supporting schedules and annual audits including the provision of information to auditors.
- Experience in a finance or accountancy function desirable
- Demonstrable organisation skills, ability to prioritise workload and planning
- Proficient IT skills, experience of Microsoft packages, particularly excel
- Excellent communicator, ability to build good working relationships with stakeholders
- Decision making, ability to problem solve and use initiative
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Confident people person
- Agile and adaptable to change
- An AAT qualification is desirable, but not essential
Hours are Monday to Friday full-time. £11.00 per hour